Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (April 9, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
The Philippine Department of Health (DOH) Launches COVID-19 Hotline:
- DOH is providing free telemedicine consultations for patients who need COVID-19 medical advice or other non-COVID-19 primary care consultations.
- National Capital Region residents can call the 24/7 hotline at (02) 8424-1724 or (02) 7789-8000 (free for Globe/TM users) to consult with a doctor.
The Philippine Mental Health Association (PMHA) Services:
- PMHA has established a virtual mental health support facility, which is designed to be a safe space where people dealing with mental health issues can consult with PMHA's mental health professionals and get online counseling sessions during the crisis.
- Services are free of charge during the Enhanced Community Quarantine.
- The service is available Mondays to Saturdays 8 AM to 5 PM through phone, email, Messenger chat or call, or Skype or Zoom video call.
- The National Center for Mental Health also has "crisis hotline responders" who can provide psychological first aid and suicide first aid for those in distress 24/7.
- Landline: 7989-USAP (8727)
- Mobile: 0917-899-USAP (8727)
For more information on the PMHA hotline visit here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.abs-cbn.com/amp/life/04/03/20/a-virtual-mental-health-clinic-in-the-time-of-covid-19
For information on Philippine visas and the Bureau of Immigration, hotels, and car rentals, please visit this page: https://ph.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
· Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
· Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
· Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
· Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
· Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)
· Philippine Maritime Industry Authority
· Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
· Philippine Department Of Interior and Local Government
· Philippine Department of Tourism
· COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
· CDC page on COVID-19
· Philippines Travel Advisory
· Philippines Country Information Page
U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000.