On June 1, the Government of Estonia will reopen borders to passengers arriving from other countries of the European Union, the Schengen Zone, and the United Kingdom. Travelers must be symptom free and must have been present in one of the approved countries for the previous 14 days. Travelers arriving from the countries where the current COVID-19 infection rate is below 15 per 100,000 individuals over the previous 14 days will be able to enter without quarantine.
As it stands, quarantine-free entry will apply to travelers from Austria, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Switzerland. Travelers from Sweden, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Ireland, Portugal, Malta, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, and Denmark will have to quarantine on arrival. These lists of countries will be reevaluated every week.
Border controls will continue to apply to travelers coming from the United States who may be transiting other European countries. All of these travelers will be subject to quarantine, and will only be admitted into Estonia if they are in one of the excepted categories allowing them entry into Estonia, including immediate relatives of an Estonian citizen or resident, for example. For more information on excepted categories please have a look at the Police and Border Guard’s Website, as well as for more information on quarantine requirements.
More information can be found on the Estonian Government and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and websites. The U.S. Embassy will continue to update our website with new information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Actions to Take:
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Estonia.
· Visit the Estonian Health Board’s English-language page.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Tallinn
+372 668 8100
· After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +372 509 2129
· State Department - Consular Affairs
· 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Estonia Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter