U.S. Embassy Kabul
Message for U.S. Citizens: Travel Update
March 29, 2020
Turkey has suspended all international flights and strictly limited domestic travel. As a result, KAM Air has stopped flights to Istanbul. There are currently no commercial options for travelers leaving Kabul.
Information about current travel restrictions world-wide can be found on the International Air Transport Association website.
Actions to take:
· Review CDC guidance on self-quarantine and personal protective measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
· Develop a plan and determine the resources needed to safely shelter in place for 30-90 days.
· American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and
the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93-700-108-000 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Afghanistan Country Information
· Afghanistan Travel Advisory
· Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter