Event: Croatian officials announced new COVID-19 measures to help mitigate the spread of the virus. As of 12:00am on November 28, the following measures will apply until December 21:
- Restaurants and cafes will be closed. Catering facilities in hotels and camps are permitted to serve their guests.
- Food delivery and drive-thrus are permitted, and bakeries may remain open until 10:00 pm.
- Nightclubs and casinos are closed.
- All public events, gatherings, and celebrations are limited to 25 people and must end by 10:00pm.
- Private gatherings and ceremonies are limited to 10 people.
- Wedding ceremonies are suspended.
- Funerals are limited to 25 people.
- Public transportation capacity is capped at 40%.
- Sporting events and trainings are suspended, except for certain professional athletes.
- Gyms, fitness, recreation centers are closed.
- All amateur plays, concerts, programs, practice, workshops, and dance schools are closed.
- All professional performances that include a choir or orchestra are cancelled.
- Foreign language schools may only operate online.
- Fairs and tourist events where products are sold, exhibited or displayed are suspended.
- For any indoor gatherings that are not otherwise restricted, organizers must secure 4m squared of space per participant.
- Alcohol will not be sold from 10:00pm to 6:00am.
It is now mandatory to wear a face covering in the following situations:
- Retail employees and shoppers/customers in stores.
- Employees and clients where face to face contact is required, such as banks, post office, ministry counters, public notary, currency exchange, etc.
- All services that require close contact (hairdressers, salons, etc.)
- Drivers and passengers in public transportation.
- Employees of all hospitality services who serve and prepare beverages and food.
- Customers in all hospitality services who serve and prepare beverages and food, except while sitting in their seats and consuming food, drinks or beverages.
- All health care workers and visitors to hospitals.
- Employees in offices where a physical distance of at least 2 meters cannot be maintained
- All participants of religious ceremonies and gatherings indoors.
- Visitors at all social and public gatherings indoors.
- Anywhere outdoors where 1.5 meters of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- When entering a cemetery.
For more information on the latest measures, please visit the Croatian Government’s COVID website.
Global Health and Travel Advisories: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4: Very High Level of COVID-19 in Croatia travel advisory. The Department of State has issued a Level 3: Reconsider Travel health advisory for Croatia.
Actions to Take:
· U.S. Embassy Zagreb, Croatia
Ulica Thomasa Jeffersona 2
10010 Zagreb, Croatia
Email address: ZagrebACS@state.gov
Embassy Zagreb website
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Croatia Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram.