Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine (June 1, 2020)
Event: Gradual easing of COVID-19 quarantine
The government of Ukraine has begun the gradual easing of certain COVID-19 quarantine measures under an “adaptive quarantine” plan. Most regions have now implemented phase 3, and the following services and institutions are now open:
- All public transportation
- Hotels (excluding indoor restaurants)
- Restaurants with outdoor space
- Church services
- Sporting events without spectators
- Day care centers
- Swimming pools and sports gyms (except group classes larger than 10 people)
- Inter-regional transportation, including passenger rail travel on Ukrzaliznytsia (Ukrainian Railways)
Restaurants, coffee shops and cultural institutions will re-open on June 10th.
People must wear masks in public places at all times.
Starting on June 15th, the government may start allowing regular passenger flights.
Volyn, Donetsk, Lviv, Rivne, and Chernivtsi remain in Phase 1. Please check with local authorities regarding local quarantine guidelines.
U.S. Embassy Kyiv continues to operate at reduced staffing and practice social distancing. Routine visa services remain suspended until further notice, and the Embassy is providing limited American Citizens Services, including adoptions and emergency services. Please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
· For updates in English, follow the official website of the Government of Ukraine.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
· U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
After hours: (380-44) 521 – 5000
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Ukraine Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter