Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania (May 30, 2020)
Event: The Albanian government continues to loosen COVID-19-related restrictions throughout the country.
During the weekend of May 30-31:
· The curfew for citizens across the country is lifted.
· Restrictions on shops’ operating hours are lifted.
· The red-green zone divide still applies. No intercity travel between the zones is allowed.
· Beaches in coastal towns are open to residents only.
· Cars will not be permitted to circulate on Sunday.
Effective June 1, 2020:
· All land borders will re-open. The 14-day quarantine requirement upon entry to Albania will be lifted. Quarantine will only apply in specific cases when ordered by health authorities.
· Kindergartens and daycares will re-open.
· All curfews across the country and restrictions on intercity travel will be lifted. There will no longer be red zones and green zones around the country.
· Beaches connected to hotels will be accessible to hotel guests.
· Sports activities will be permitted without spectators.
· Gyms, parks and similar centers will be permitted to re-open.
Please note that public transit remains suspended. Large events and gatherings also remain suspended.
Monitor Embassy Tirana’s website for more information on COVID-19 restrictions throughout the country. Email ACSTirana@state.gov with questions.
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· U.S. Embassy Tirana, Albania
+(355) (0)4224-7285 (after hours)
· State Department - Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Albania Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter