Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (April 24, 2020)
Location: The Philippines
Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) Extended Until May 15, 2020:
Based on the Inter-Agency Task Force's recommendation, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced the ECQ extension for the following high-risk administrative regions, provinces, or areas until May 15, 2020:
- The National Capital Region,
- Region III (Central Luzon),
- Region IV-A (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon - CALARBAZON),
- The province of Pangasinan,
- The province of Benguet,
- The island of Mindoro,
- The province of Albay, and
- The island of Catanduanes.
The ECQ is also now effective until May 15 in the following, which are also considered high-risk areas:
- The island of Panay (Aklan, Antique, Iloilo, and Capiz),
- The island of Cebu (Cebu Province and Cebu City), and
- The provinces of Davao del Norte, Davao de Oro, and Davao City.
Provinces or areas which are considered moderate- and low-risk in the spread of COVID-19 will be placed under a general community quarantine starting on May 1, 2020.
Please continue to monitor the Embassy's COVID-19 Information page, which also includes information on operational hotels, Philippine visas and the Bureau of Immigration, the Philippine Retirement Authority, and car rentals.
Actions to Take:
- Contact the airlines and contacts directly for reservations and updated information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Consult resources below as necessary:
· Philippine Department of Health (DOH)
· Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)
· Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)
· Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)
· Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs
· Philippine Department Of Interior and Local Government
· Philippine Department of Tourism
· COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
· CDC page on COVID-19
· Philippines Travel Advisory
· Philippines Country Information Page
U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
1201 Roxas Boulevard
+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000.