Location: Petionville, and potentially other areas of Port-au-Prince
Event: There have been public calls for protests on economic and social grievances in Petionville and other areas of Port-au-Prince for Monday, June 22, and Tuesday June 23, 2020. The protest routes and times are currently unknown, but the Haitian National Police (HNP) is aware and has alerted their officers, including those serving at the Petionville HNP Commissariat. The Embassy will provide updates as needed. Out of an abundance of caution, effective Monday June 22 at 0700 hrs through Wednesday, June 24 at 0700 hrs, all U.S. Mission personnel are restricted from travel to Petionville.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid the area;
· Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people;
· Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks; and
· If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
· U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Tabarre 41, Route de Tabarre
Non-emergency inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Contact the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 toll-free from the United States and Canada
1-202-501-4444 from other countries
· Haiti Country Information
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter