Location: Switzerland and Liechtenstein countrywide
Event: During the holiday season, security measures in Switzerland and Liechtenstein remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by violent extremist ideology throughout Europe. Violent extremists continue to focus on locations such as Christmas holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by tourists.
Actions to Take:
· Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
· Review your personal security plans.
· Be aware of your surroundings.
· Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Bern, Switzerland
031 357 70 11 (dialing within Switzerland)
+41 31 357 70 11 (dialing from overseas)
State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
· Switzerland Country Specific Information
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Get Alertswiss, a mobile app by the Federal Office for Civil Protection, to help you plan for and stay safe in an emergency while in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.