Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (March 26, 2020)
Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: Requesting Assistance to Depart DRC
The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa is considering all options to assist U.S. citizens in DRC. We are compiling a list of U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents seeking to leave DRC. If you would be interested in options to leave, please visit our website on COVID-19 and send the below requested information to KinshasaUSCitizen@state.govalong with a scan or photo of the bio-page of passports for each member of your family.
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Current phone number and WhatsApp number
- Email address
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Passport number, date of issuance, date of expiration. If not a U.S. passport, please note country of issuance.
- Current location (city, country, hotel name if not in residence)
- Health condition and special considerations
- Number of U.S. citizens in your party. Please note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members seeking to travel with you.
- DRC visa status (i.e. valid until MM/DD/YYYY)
- Employer or affiliation within DRC
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Kinshasa has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information and email us at ACSKinshasa@state.gov.
Actions to Take