Events: Protests moving downtown from MLK Blvd to Harry Truman BLVD. There are also ongoing protests in the Champ-de-Mars area. PNH are in the areas and attempting to disperse the crowds.
Actions to Take:
· Contact your family to keep them informed of your welfare and whereabouts.
· Exercise extreme caution if you decide to leave your residence or hotel.
· Avoid protests and any large gathering of people.
· Do not attempt to drive through roadblocks.
· If you encounter a roadblock, turn around and get to a safe area.
· Do not seek shelter at the U.S. Embassy.
· U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Haiti Country Information
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter