The Embassy is aware of a potential threat posted on a website by the Hassm Group, a known terrorist organization, suggesting some kind of unspecified action this evening. The Embassy has no further information about this potential threat, but is in contact with Egyptian authorities. Additional information will be provided if it becomes available.
U.S. citizens should continue to follow sound security practices and adhere to the security guidelines provided in the Travel Warning for Egypt issued by the State Department on December 23, 2016.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings and Alerts, Travel Warning for Egypt, and Country Specific Information for Egypt.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Egypt. For non-emergency inquiries, U.S. citizens may send an email to the American Citizens Services Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. For emergencies during and after business hours and on weekends and holidays, U.S. citizens can contact the Embassy Duty Officer via the Embassy switchboard at +20-2-2797-3300. The Embassy is located at 5 Tawfik Diab Street (formerly known as Latin America Street), Garden City, Cairo.is
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.