U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Police Investigating Threat Against Capital Plaza
April 28, 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Podgorica informs U.S. citizens that Montenegrin Police are investigating a threat against Capital Plaza. U.S. Citizens are advised to avoid the area.
The U.S. Consulate recommends all U.S. citizens to avoid the area, maintain a high level of vigilance, remain aware of your surroundings, monitor local media for updates, exercise caution if you are in the vicinity, and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Montenegro Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to be located in an emergency.
· The U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Podgorica, located at Dzona Dzeksona 2, 81000 Podgorica, is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Embassy is 382 (0) 20 410 500.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.