On Monday, May 1, International Workers’ Day, the Greater Copenhagen trade union will host an event in Fælledparken, Østerbro from 1200 to 1800 that will include speeches and live music. Approximately 50,000 persons will visit Fælledparken for the event. Copenhagen Police will be present. Expect increased crowds between Østerport Station and Fælledparken.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Denmark Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Denmark, located at Dag Hammarskjolds Alle 24 in Copenhagen, at +3341-7100 or by email at CopenhagenACS@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +3341-7400.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.