The U.S. Embassy in Albania urges U.S. citizens to exercise particular caution during upcoming religious holidays and at large festivals or events. Terrorists in the region have previously sought to attack soft targets, to include churches and other places of worship, pedestrian malls, sports arenas, concert halls, and public gatherings.
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
In the event a terrorist attack occurs in our city or where you are traveling, U.S. citizens should:
- Follow the instructions of local law enforcement and emergency services personnel.
- Monitor the U.S. Embassy safety and security information on the Embassy’s website.
For further information:
- See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Albania’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Albania, located at Rruga Elbasanit Nr. 103, at +355-(0)-4224-7285, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +355-(0)-4224-7285.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.