The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens that due to concerns of a possible vehicle attack in the vicinity of Tadjourah , embassy personnel are restricted from traveling on Route 9 past the turn-off from Route 1 (Ethiopian highway) toward Tadjourah until Thursday, April 27, 2017.
For further information:
· See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Djibouti.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti, located at Lotissement Haramous, Lot # 350-B, P.O. Box 185, Djibouti City, by email at ConsularDjibouti@state.gov, or at +(253) 21-45-30-00 Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. For after-hours emergencies, U.S. citizens should call +(253) 77-877-229 and ask to speak with the duty officer.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/travelgov) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/travelgov) .