The U.S. Embassy in Stockholm is aware of reports of a security incident at Drottninggatan and Mäster Samuelsgatan near Sergels Torg in Stockholm City Center. U.S. citizens should avoid this area at this time, heed guidance from local authorities, and maintain security awareness.
Please monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.
We strongly encourage U.S. citizens in Sweden to directly contact concerned family members in the United States to advise them of your safety.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Sweden Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· The U.S. Embassy is located on Dag Hammarskjölds Väg 31 in Stockholm and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; telephone +46 08 783 5300; E-mail: ACS E-mail Address; webpage: U.S. Embassy in Sweden.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook