The Dutch police have informed the U.S. Embassy in The Hague of a demonstration scheduled to take place on the Lange Voorhout side of the U.S. Embassy on Saturday April 1, 2017, from 1400 to 1600 hours.
Private individuals will demonstrate to oppose the airstrikes in Syria. Dutch National Police will be present to ensure public safety.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
· See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Europe Travel Alert, and Netherlands Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in the Netherlands, located at Museumplein 19, 1071 DJ, Amsterdam, at +31 (0)20 575-5309, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +31 (0)70 310-2209. USCitizenServicesAMS@state.gov
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.