U.S. Embassy Podgorica informs U.S. citizens that the demonstrations from yesterday continue today in front of Parliament and adjacent areas. Expect road closures along Bulevar Svetog Petra Cetinjskog.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place and exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Montenegro Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Montenegro, located at Dzona Dzeksona 2, at +382 20 410 500, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is ++382 20 410 500.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.