The U.S. Embassy in Banjul is unavailable for all non-emergency services on December 2, 2016. The government of The Gambia has suspended internet and international telephone service. For emergency consular services for U.S. citizens inside The Gambia, please contact the U.S. Embassy in Banjul at +220-796-2710. From outside The Gambia, please contact the Office of American Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and The Gambia Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Banjul, located 92 Kairaba Avenue, Fajara, Banjul, at +(220) 439-2856 is open Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. After hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(220) 437-5270.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.