Location: Moursal neighborhood in N’Djamena
Event: A large crowd of mourners is expected to travel from the Moursal neighborhood (west of the Embassy) to the Toukra cemetery (across the river) in the next few hours. RSO anticipates that this crowd, which is estimated to be around 1,000, will move from Moursal, west, via Avenue Felix Eboue passing through the Chagoua roundabout, and on to Toukra.
There is elevated potential for police activity during this time.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid Avenue Felix Eboue from the Double Voie (Toukra) roundabout to the Centenaire roundabout (near the Hilton hotel) from now until 1500.
· Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
· Monitor local media for updates
· Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
+235 2251 5017
· State Department -- Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Chad Country Information
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook