Location: Kongara Kalan, Telangana, India (southeast of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad)
Event: Local media report that the Chief Minister of the State of Telangana will convene a rally on Sunday, September 2, 2018. Participation estimates vary, but crowds in excess of 100,000 people should be expected. The rally will take place at Kongara Kalan, which is southeast of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA). Main roads leading to the airport (to include the Outer Ring Road – ORR) can be expected to be saturated with event-related traffic. Roads may be closed, diverted, or otherwise restricted. Expect an increased profile from police and security forces.
Actions to Take
- Avoid areas with demonstrations and civil disturbances.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Do not draw attention to yourself.
- Review your personal security plans.
- The U.S. Embassy New Delhi is located at Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021; telephone: +91-11-2419-8000; website: https://in.usembassy.gov.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay) is located at C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051; telephone: +91-22-2672-4000.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras) is located at 220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006; telephone: +91-44-2857-4000.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Kolkata (Calcutta) is located at 5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071; telephone: +91-33-3984-2400.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad is located at Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003; telephone: +91-40-4033-8300.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and India Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- U.S. State Department - Consular Affairs; telephone: 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).