Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Port of Spain (February 8, 2018)
Event: The Government of Trinidad and Tobago recently disrupted a plan to attack Carnival (ending on February 13, 2018). In light of the recent operation, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago is taking additional active steps to secure Carnival events out of an abundance of caution. U.S. government personnel are advised to exercise additional caution and increased situational awareness if they participate in Carnival events.
Actions to Take:
• Enroll in STEP.
• Monitor local media for updates.
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Keep a low profile.
· • U.S. Embassy Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
+ + (868) 622-6371
· • State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Trinidad and Tobago Country Information
· • Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· • Follow us on Facebook and Twitter