The U.S. Embassy Athens informs U.S citizens of the following strike
Strike for tomorrow, Friday, November 10, 2017:
Metro lines 2 (Red) and 3 (Blue) will be on strike from 5:30 to 09:00 am.
Demonstrations in Athens
There are no known demonstrations planned for Friday and Saturday.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations
Due to the 35th Athens Marathon Run the Police has announced the following street closures due to the Athens Authentic Marathon event on Sunday November 12th:
- Marathonos avenue. From its beginning to Kato Souliou str (Ag. Marina) in both flows of traffic from 05:30 am until 12:00 noon.
- Marathonos avenue. From Kato Souniou str. to Dionysou avenue in both flows of traffic from 07:30 am until 13:30 pm.
- Marathonos avenue from Dionysou avenue to Fleming str (Rafina intersection) in both flows from 08:00 am until 15:10 pm
- Marathonos avenue from Fleming str. (Rafina intersection) to Lavriou avenue – Klisthenous str. (Stavros Ag. Paraskevis) in both flows between 08:00 am and 15:15 pm.
- Attiki Odos exit to Rafina between 07:00 am and 13:30 pm.
- Attiki Odos exit to Pallini between 07:00 am and 15:00 pm.
- Mesogion avenue from Lavriou avenue – Klisthenous str (Stavros Ag. Paraskevis) to Katehaki avenue in both flows of traffic between 08:30 am and 17:00 pm.
- Mesogion avenue from Katehaki avenue to Pyrgos Athinon (intersection with Vas. Sophias) in both flows of traffic and all of its perpendicular streets until the first parallel between 07:45 am and 17:30 pm
- Fidipidou str in the section between Mihalakopoulou str. to Kifissias avenue, and all of the perpendicular streets until the first parallel between 07:45 am and 17:30 pm.
- Thivon str in the section from Mikras Asias str to Livadias str. in the flow towards Mesogion avenue between 07:00 am and 17:30 pm.
- Vas. Sophias avenue from Kifissias avenue to Vas. Konstantinou avenue in both flows of traffic and all of its perpendicular streets until the first parallel between 07:00 am and 17:30 pm.
- Mihalakopoulou str. from Sinopis str to Mesogion avenue between 07:00 am and 17:30 pm.
- Vas. Konstantinou str in both flows of traffic and all its perpendicular streets until the first parallel between 05:00 am and 17:30 pm.
- Vas. Olgas avenue in both flows of traffic between midnight of 11/12/2016 until 19:00 pm of 11/13/2016.
- Syggrou avenue from Kallirois str. to Vourvahi str, flow to Athens between 05:00 am until 07:00
- Frantzi str. from its intersection with Kalirois str, flow towards Syggrou avenue between 05:00 am and 07:00
For further information:
- See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Greece.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- In case of an emergency, contact the U.S. Embassy in Athens, located at 91 Vasilisis Sophias Avenue, at (+30) 210-720-2414, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday except U.S. and Greek holidays. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (+30) 210-729-4444. You can email the U.S. Embassy in Athens atAthensAmericanCitizenServices@state.gov.
- If you are a U.S. citizen in the Thessaloniki district with an emergency during office hours, contact the U.S. Consulate General in Thessaloniki by telephone at (+30) 231-024-2905; after hours, contact the U.S. Embassy in Athens at (+30) 210-729-4444.
- Call +1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or +1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook