U.S. Embassy Monrovia informs U.S. citizens that political rallies are expected to take place in Monrovia on Friday and Saturday, October 6 and 7. The Congress for Democratic Change, Alternative National Congress, and Unity Party will be demonstrating in support of their candidates for President and Vice President of Liberia. Heavy congestion and traffic delays are expected on both days from 7:00 a.m. until supporters disperse after the rallies. Congestion is expected in the following areas:
- Samuel Kanyon Doe Stadium in Paynesville.
- Antoinette Tubman Stadium on UN Drive.
- ELWA Junction, Tubman Boulevard, Jallah Town.
- Bushrod Island, Broad Street, Lynch Street.
- Lynch and Clay Streets and Camp Johnson Road.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information: