The U.S. Embassy has learned of a confirmed bomb threat to the Unicornio Shopping Center in Quito. According to police contacts, the shopping center has been evacuated and is being searched by Ecuadorian authorities. All U.S. citizens are advised to stay away from the vicinity of the shopping center located on the corner of Avenida Amazonas and Avenida Naciones Unidas.
For further information about security in Ecuador:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Ecuador Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler-Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Quito located at Ave. Avigiras E12-170 y Ave. Eloy Alfaro, at +(593)(2) 398-5000. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(593)(2) 398-5000.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Guayaquil located at Santa Ana St. and Jose Rodriguez Bonin Ave., San Eduardo at +(593)(4) 371-7000. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(593)(4) 371-7000.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
Dialing instructions within Ecuador:
· Within the same city and from a land line use the last seven digits.
· For calls from a mobile phone and for intercity telephone calls add the city code preceded by a 0.
Dialing instructions from the United States:
· Add the 011 prefix for an international long distance line.