There are reports of multiple planned demonstrations in Guatemala City on September 20th, 2017. Demonstrators will reportedly gather at key intersections and landmarks in Guatemala City and move to the area of the Guatemalan Congress and central plaza in Zone 1. The flow of traffic throughout the city may be hindered by these activities. U.S. citizens are reminded to remain vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times.
- See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Guatemala Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala located at Avenida Reforma 7-01, Zona 10, Guatemala City, Guatemala from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +502-2331-2354.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.