The U.S. Embassy in Luxembourg wishes to remind U.S. citizens to exercise caution during the upcoming Schueberfouer event, held in the Glacis parking area of Limpertsberg from August 23 to September 11, 2017. The Embassy is presently unaware of any specific threat information concerning this event or any others in Luxembourg; however, events attracting large crowds have been the target of recent terrorist attacks throughout Western Europe.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings. We urge U.S. citizens to follow any instructions given by local authorities, monitor media and local information sources, and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.
For more information about security in Luxembourg:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Luxembourg Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier for the Embassy to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Luxembourg located at 22 Blvd Emmanuel Servais, Luxembourg 2535 at + 352 4601 2300 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +352 4601 2323
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.