Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Dhaka (Bangladesh), Ongoing police action in vicinity of Dhanmondi
South Central Asia > Bangladesh > Dhaka
Ongoing police activity with explosions and gunfire reported at Hotel Olio International where
suspected militants have been discovered. Avoid all travel to the Panthapath neighborhood of Dhaka
City (Dhanmondi/Panthapath area) until the situation is resolved.
For further information:
- See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings,
Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and
make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located at Madani Avenue, Baridhara,
Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through
Thursday. Weekends and After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (88) (02) 5566-
2000 and press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from
other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday
(except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.