Turkish authorities and U.S. Consulate General Istanbul security personnel are responding to a potential security incident at the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul. At this time, we urge U.S. citizens to avoid the Consulate General and the surrounding area.
The U.S. Diplomatic Mission to Turkey asks U.S. citizens to contact family members who may be concerned about your welfare or whereabouts if an incident occurs. Review personal security plans, ensure communication connectivity, to remain aware of your surroundings, including at local events, and to monitor local news for breaking events. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Turkey's Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, located at Poligon Mahallesi, Sarıyer Caddesi, No:75, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
· Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir at Izmir@state.gov.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.