The U.S. Embassy in Paris, France informs U.S. citizens that the following demonstrations are expected to take place in Paris over the July 12 – 15, 2017 period. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Place de la République from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM. Supporters of the political party “La France Insoumise” will be demonstrating with the stated purpose of protesting against announced changes to labor laws in France.
Friday, July 14, 2017
Place du Clichy at 2:00 PM. The demonstration is scheduled with the stated purpose of protesting against President Trump and President Macron.
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Place de la République in Paris at 3:00 PM. The demonstration is scheduled with the stated purpose of protesting the visit to Paris of the Israeli Prime Minister.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and France Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Paris, located at 2 Avenue Gabriel, 75008 Paris, at +(33)(1) 43-12-22-22 or by email at Citizeninfo@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(33)(1) 43-12-22-22.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.