The Transportation Security Administration (TSA), in consultation with relevant Departments and Agencies, has determined it is prudent to enhance security, to include airport security procedures for passengers at certain last point of departure airports to the United States. These enhancements include more stringent measures applied to 10 specific airports, to include Hamad International Airport.
The enhancement in security will require that all personal electronic devices (PEDs) larger than a cell phone or smart phone be placed in checked baggage. Approved medical devices may be brought into the cabin after additional screening.
Airlines were notified on March 21 at 08:00 EDT. They have 96 hours within which to comply. For more information on these security enhancements, please contact your air carrier or visit the Department of Homeland Security website.
For further information:
· See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Qatar Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Doha, Qatar, located at 22 February Street, Al Luqta District, Doha, at ACSConsularDoha@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +974 4496 6000.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.