The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens that personal travel for U.S. government employees to Parc W is now permitted. As a reminder, it is mandatory for visitors of Parc W to register at the official points of entry and retain a registered park guide for the duration of their stay. This message supersedes the previous message sent on December 8, 2015.
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow instructions of local authorities.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Benin.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Cotonou, Marina Avenue, 01 BP 2012 Cotonou, Benin, at +(229) 21-30-75-00, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(229) 21-30-75-00.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.