The U.S. Consulate General in Milan informs U.S. Citizens that on Friday, January 20, 2017, from 6:30 p.m., a demonstration is planned at Largo Donegani, in front of U.S. Consulate General Milan, by a group opposing the U.S. administration. The police will monitor these events and expect approximately 200-300 people at the event. They expect the demonstration will be peaceful.
The U.S. Consulate General in Milan recommends that U.S. citizens and their families avoid the areas of the demonstration and exercise caution if walking or driving in the vicinity.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Italy Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Milan located at Via Principe Amedeo 2, 20121 Milan, at +39 02 2903 5333, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +39 02 290 351
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.