The U.S. Consulate General Nogales informs U.S. citizens that a mass
demonstration is taking place at Port of Entry DeConcini today to
protest the increase in gasoline prices, which has led to arrests and
closure of the Port of Entry DeConcini. There are reports of Police
using rubber bullets to control the protesters. Police are directing
traffic to the Mariposa Port of Entry which has a long wait time for
crossing. The Consulate urges all travelers to avoid the DeConcini Port
You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in
the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
* See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
* Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
* Contact the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City, located at Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, Mexico D.F. 06500, and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* You may also call 001-619-841-3203 during normal business hours and after-hours.
* Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
* Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
* Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.