Location: Throughout France, including multiple locations in the same cities.
Event: Disruptive demonstrations against the health pass expected to take place on Saturday, July 31, with high numbers of participants expected. At this time the Embassy is aware of the following times and locations, but additional demonstrations in other cities in France are also likely. Embassy employees have been advised to avoid these locations.
- 10:00 am gathering at Metro Villiers, departing towards Place de la Bastille at 2:00 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m. in front of BFMTV (2 rue General Boissieu (15th arrondissment)
- 2:30 p.m. at Place du Bellay
- 1:00 p.m. at Place Kleber
- 2:00 p.m. Place Bellecour. The city has prohibited protests in this area on Saturday.
- 2:00 p.m. Place Carnot. The city has prohibited protests in this area on Saturday.
- 2:00 p.m. Place Marechal Lyautey. The city has prohibited protests in this area on Saturday.
- 12:00 Hopital Edouard Herriot.
- 2:30 p.m. Conseil Reional, 14 rue Francois de Sourdis
- 2:00 p.m. Place de la Bourse
- 2:00 p.m. Place de la Republique
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Prepare for local public transport closures or disruptions
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language French media at the following: