Event: The Government of Egypt has announced a suspension of all air travel, both international and domestic, starting at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday March 19, 2020 until March 31, 2020. The U.S. Embassy in Cairo will provide more information as it becomes available from the Government of Egypt.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends all persons defer any travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide because of the increased risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission onboard ships. Deferring travel is especially important for older adults and all people with serious chronic medical conditions (such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease), because of their increased risk for severe disease.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· U.S. Embassy Cairo, Egypt
· State Department - Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Egypt Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter