Event: Recent tests at several U.S Embassy residences revealed bacteria at elevated levels in the tap water. As a precautionary measure, the U.S. Embassy recommended to its staff to boil their drinking water or use bottled water. The U.S. Embassy will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates accordingly.
Actions to Take:
· Follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) directions on how to stay healthy and safe, which include guidance on safe drinking and eating.
· U.S. Embassy to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean
· State Department - – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Barbados Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter