Location: Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico
Event: Hurricane Season in the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico begins June 1 and ends on November 30, 2018, though most tropical cyclones typically develop between May and October. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in hurricane-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming season now.
Actions to Take:
· Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Centerfor the 2018 Hurricane forecast.
· Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
· U.S. Embassy to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean
· State Department - – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Barbados Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter