Event: On April 1, the government of Kuwait announced changes to curfew restrictions effective April 8 – April 22.
Starting April 8, curfew will begin one hour later. Curfew will be in effect from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM daily from April 8 to April 22. U.S. citizens should observe the restrictions announced by the Kuwaiti government during the curfew period.
Starting during Ramadan (start date and time to be determined), the period for walking outdoors in one’s neighborhood will be from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Restaurants will be able to deliver 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM. Until Ramadan begins, the prior hours apply, with walking in one’s neighborhood permitted only until 8:00 PM and food delivery only until 10:00 PM.
See further information about current restrictions and exceptions on our COVID-19 page. With exceptions for first-degree relatives of Kuwaiti citizens and domestic employees traveling with them, entry to Kuwait for non-Kuwaiti citizens remains suspended until further notice.
Restrictions after April 22 have not yet been announced.
Actions to Take:
· Stay abreast of local news and information.
· Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
· Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
· U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
· If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
P.O. Box 77
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282