Ukrainian International Airlines still has seats available on its direct flight from KBP to New York City-JFK airport on Friday, March 27. If you need to leave Ukraine now, or anticipate you will need to depart in the near future, you should strongly consider booking this flight. This is the second flight this week and may be your last opportunity for the foreseeable future. On March 25, the Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs announced that Ukrainian airspace will close the night of March 27. General quarantine procedures in Ukraine have been extended through April 24. Please monitor https://www.flyuia.com/ua/en/information/fly-home for ticket availability.
Catering has been suspended at KBP and only water will be provided on this flight. Passengers should bring food with them to the airport. The Embassy is unable to assist travelers with transportation to the airport and U.S. citizens will need to secure private transportation such as a taxi or private car.
We are compiling a list of U.S. citizens who will not or could not book this flight but are considering leaving Ukraine for the United States. Please enroll in STEP and provide your name and contact information to our email address: KyivUSCitizen@state.gov so we can contact you as soon as we have any further updates.
Your email message should include the following information:
· Your full name as spelled in your passport
· Information we can use to contact you now – a current phone number and email address.
· Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
· Your passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration. If it is not a U.S. passport, please note the country that issued it. Please also note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members traveling with you.
· Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
In the United States, passengers may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, and monitoring requirements upon reentry to the United States. For additional questions, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Information for Travel page.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ukraine.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
· U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine
Tel (380-44) 521 – 5566
· State Department - Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Ukraine Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter