Event: A walking march/organized protest is planned for Saturday, November 21. The protest is against the mandatory wearing of masks, the COVID-19 vaccine, and 5G technology. Media reports indicate the protesters are planning to meet at the Cathedral Square at 11:00 a.m. and walk towards the Parliament building on Gediminas Avenue, arriving at 12:00 p.m.
The demonstration is expected to be peaceful and the Vilnius police are aware and taking precautions. However, even peaceful demonstrations can become confrontational and escalate quickly.
Actions to Take with Demonstrations:
· Avoid the areas of demonstrations
· Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
· Monitor local media for updates
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Keep a low profile
· Notify friends and family of your safety
U.S. citizens may monitor English-language Lithuanian media at the following:
· Delfi English https://en.delfi.lt · Baltic Times https://www.baltictimes.com
Assistance: · U.S. Embassy Vilnius, Lithuania +(370) (5) 266-5600
· Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(370) (5) 266 5500 · firstname.lastname@example.org
· State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 · Lithuania Country Information · Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates · Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.