Location: Czech Republic, countrywide.
Event: During the holiday season, security measures in the Czech Republic remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by violent extremist ideology throughout Europe. Violent extremists continue to focus on locations such as Christmas holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by tourists.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Prague, Czech Republic
+420 257 022 000
· State Department--Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Czech Republic Country Specific Information.