Event: As of May 21, the Serbian Ministry of Health announced 10,919 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Serbia and 237 deaths, with 5,370 of those infected having recovered, leaving an estimated 5,312 remaining active infections.
The government of Serbia announced that as of May 22 all COVID-19 related entry restrictions are lifted for both Serbian and foreign citizens. It is no longer necessary to have a negative PCR test or special permit to enter Serbia. The government of Serbia also abolished self-isolation requirements upon entry. Travelers should be prepared for restrictions to change with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Government of Serbia for additional information on these measures.
Beginning June 1, the Embassy will resume offering appointments for U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarial services. Please check our website regularly for information about how to schedule an appointment. Customers will be required to bring and wear a mask while at the Embassy, arrive on-time for their appointments, and be completely prepared for their appointment, including having all required forms filled out.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to enroll in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts, and check our Embassy COVID-19 webpage for updated information as it is released.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Serbia.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restriction to the U.S.
· Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
· Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
o +381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours)
o Embassy website
· State Department - Consular Affairs
o 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Serbia Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter