On May 20, the Government of Jordan announced the following updated Eid holiday curfew and movement restrictions:
- Regular evening curfew hours will begin at 11:00 p.m. on May 20 and on May 21. People may move on foot or by car (even/odd license plate policy) on May 20 and May 21 between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- A comprehensive curfew will begin on Thursday, May 21 at 11:00 p.m. and continue until Monday, May 25 at 8:00 a.m. No one should move outside the home during this period. For emergencies, call 911.
- Regular (8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) curfew restrictions will resume on Monday, May 25 with the odd/even vehicle usage system.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 website for updated information and we encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive our notifications. Email us at email@example.com if you have questions not addressed in this message.
Actions to Take:
· U.S. Embassy Amman, Jordan
Al-Umawyeen 37, Amman, Jordan
Phone number: +962 6 590-6000, +962 6 590-6500 (after hours emergencies only)
· Email address: Amman-ACS@state.gov
· Embassy/Consulate website: https://jo.usembassy.gov/
· State Department - Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Jordan Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and follow us on Facebook