Location: U.S. Embassy, Oslo
Event: The Embassy has been advised of a planned demonstration by the Union of Tigrayans in Norway on Friday, June 11, during 3:00-4:00 PM, at the U.S. Embassy. The anticipated number of demonstrators is 30. Oslo Police will direct the demonstrators to a designated area away from the Embassy grounds. This designated area is a grassy field located approximately 100 meters northeast of the Embassy.
Although most demonstrations in Oslo are coordinated with local police and remain peaceful, the Embassy advises that even demonstrations that are expected to be non-violent can sometimes escalate into violence. Therefore, the Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid the demonstrators.
If you are a victim of a crime or feel threatened, please call the police emergency number 112 for immediate assistance.
Actions to consider:
· Avoid the Embassy area Friday, June 11, from 1300-1700.
· Remain vigilant and aware of your general surroundings. Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or demonstrations.
· When driving, choose alternate routes to avoid the area.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Keep a low profile.
· Review your personal security plans.
· Follow instructions from police and government authorities.
U.S. Embassy Oslo, Norway +(47) 2130-8540 OsloACS@state.gov https://no.usembassy.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444 Norway Country Information Follow us on Facebook and Twitter