Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season, security measures in Bosnia and Herzegovina remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by violent extremist ideology throughout Europe. Violent extremists continue to focus on locations such as Christmas holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by tourists.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
· U.S. Embassy Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
+(387) 33 704 000, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
+(387) 33 704 000 (after-hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Bosnia Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.