Location: Region of Lombardy, Codogno and surrounding towns of Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo, and San Fiorano
Location Two: Vo’Euganeo in the Veneto region.
Event: On February 21, the Italian Ministry of Health announced 14 confirmed case of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the town of Codogno in the Lombardy region and two cases in Vo’ Euganeo near Padua.
Public schools and offices have been closed in the affected areas and Italian health officials have advised residents in these areas to avoid public spaces. Travelers in the area should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
· Review the Department of State’s COVID-19 Travel Alert.
· Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
· U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy
· By Phone: +39 06-4674-1
· State Department - Consular Affairs
· By Phone: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
· Italy Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter