There will not be a flight leaving Chad tomorrow, Friday March 27. We have no further information on when a flight will be available, but efforts continue.
When a flight becomes available, the cost will be approximately $1,300 per person. Passengers will sign a promissory note which will have to be repaid to the U.S Government. Cash or credit card payments cannot be made before the flight departs.
U.S. citizens should contact the U.S. Embassy about departing Chad if they can make a firm commitment to depart. Please send your response to ChadEvac@state.gov.
If you do not have a valid U.S. passport, please contact us immediately.
Passengers will be listed in priority order per State Dept guidelines as follows:
- U.S. citizens at higher risk from the virus – adults 65 and older, and people of any age with underlying health issues.
- U.S. citizen minors and 1 escort
- Adult U.S. citizens in need of medical assistance who do not fall into a higher priority group.
- Other U.S. citizens
- Non-U.S. citizen dependents of U.S. citizens
- Eligible non-U.S. citizens, with priority given to those with underlying health issues or 65 years or older.
Please be aware that you will have to pay for this flight.
We cannot provide a timeline.
FOR ADVANCE PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY:
· You should be prepared to leave with little advance notice
· Pack a “go” bag now with essential documents and other items
· Keep in mind that you may be limited in how much luggage you can bring
· There is no guarantee that pets will be accommodated. Please make alternate arrangements for the care of your pet.
· Updates will be provided as they become available. Individual emails may experience a delay in responses due to high volume and decreased staffing at the Embassy.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· To reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the latest CDC recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Chad.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy N’Djamena, Chad
State Department - Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Chad Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter