Event: Approximately 1000+ protestors have staged an unscheduled protest in the area of Old Town. This gathering was not preapproved and is prohibited under the current COVID-19 state of emergency rules. Protests and large gatherings can become violent without warning. Please avoid the areas of Namestie Slobody, the Presidential Palace, and the main train station.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid the area near the Presidential Palace in Old Town Bratislava.
· Notify friends and family of your safety.
· Monitor local media for updates.
o Radio RTV’s English language webpage
o Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper
· Review your personal security plans.
· Be aware of your surroundings.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.